Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

These five pairs of fabulous flats are anything but lowbrow

Friday, October 10, 2014   |   5 comments


So much has happened since my last post, which was - somehow! - almost eight months ago. In that time, Himself and I finally got around to organising our wedding and getting hitched, and then just as we were getting settled back at home after our honeymoon, Boris passed away.

That properly knocked us sideways, and has kept me sad for a very long time.

But this post isn't about any of those things.

This post is about me trying to regain my blogging mojo through the medium of walkable-innable shoes.


Flats are enjoying a full-on revival in fashion circles at the moment. I mean, when even heel honchos Manolo Blahnik and Victoria Beckham have deigned to get in on the flat act, you know it's serious.

This is wonderful news for the flats lovers amongst us who choose them for reasons of either comfort (I've a freakishly high pain threshold but just cannot be arsed with discomfort) or stability (I feel worringly unsteady in heels) because suddenly this season, gorgeous versions are EVERYWHERE.

My credit card is quaking in its (flat, obvs) boots.

Winklepicker style toes are on point for a chic workwear look (and running for the bus without snotting yourself) while luxe slipper style loafers are an edgier alternative to ballet pumps, which now feel woefully out of date.

Here are five pairs that I wouldn't kick out of my wardrobe for eating crisps...



ONE // Russell & Bromley "Tantrum" dress flats, £225

TWO // Carvela "Lyric" nude flat slippers, £49

THREE // Carvela "Lavish" gold glitter ballerinas, £69

FOUR // Primark glitter accented tassel loafers, £14 (terrible stock photography from Primark - I have these and they are beaut in real life!)

FIVE // Charlotte Olympia Kitty embroidered velvet slippers, £365

Psst - I'll be updating this dedicated Pinterest board with ALL OF THE FLATS as I find them. Be sure to follow along!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:05 pm, October 10, 2014, Blogger M x said…

    aaahhhhhh....so good to see you back blogging!!! I check in every so often and even started to look back at old posts!!! Congrats on the wedding. So sad about Boris, I had seen on Twitter/Instagram...

     
  • At 6:12 pm, October 10, 2014, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ah thank you (on all counts.) It's good to be back :)

    I agonised for so long over what to write about after such a protracted absence that I was in danger of never hitting "publish" again. So, shoes!

     
  • At 6:46 pm, October 15, 2014, Blogger S said…

    Welcome back, delighted to see you pop up in my feed again! The Charlotte Olympia ones are to die for, why do I always get drawn to the most expensive thing in a post? So sorry to hear about Boris, but hope married life is treating you well xx

     
  • At 7:20 am, October 16, 2014, Anonymous Patricia said…

    Welcome back! Great picks. I usually prefer flats for they are really so comfy to wear and I can really wear them all day long without an aching feet.

     
  • At 4:27 pm, November 26, 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back. So good to see you. Sorry to hear or your sad news and congratulations on your good news.

    None of those flats for me, thank you. Sandy Beach

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails